Election Results Board of Directors 2023-2024.
- Barbara Coats 462
- Jerry McDonald 449
- Reginald Rucoba 442
- Sharon Watson 390
Election Timeline for Seven Oaks Community Center, Inc. (2023-2024)
09-15-2023 Early Notice of Nomination Deadline
- Last day to give members individual notice, including (1) the number of board positions that will be filled at the election; (2) the deadline for submitting nominations; (3) the manner in which nominations can be submitted; (4) a statement informing members that if, at the close of the time period for making nominations, there are the same number or fewer qualified candidates as there are board positions to be filled, then the board of directors may, after voting to do so, seat the qualified candidates by acclamation without balloting.
11-15-2023 Notice of Delivery Date for Nomination Procedures and Deadlines.
- Last day to deliver Notice of Nomination Procedures and Deadline by general notice or, preferably, individual notice. Include nomination procedures (including how to submit nominations per the election rules), nomination deadline, and candidate and director qualifications.
Within seven business days of receiving a timely nomination, continuing through the nomination deadline. Response to Nominations
- (1) Within seven business days of receiving a nomination, give a written or electronic notice acknowledging the nomination to the member who submitted the nomination; (2) within seven business days of receiving a nomination, give a written or electronic notice to the nominee, indicating either of the following: (a) The nominee is a qualified candidate for the board of directors or (b) the nominee is not a qualified candidate for the board of directors, the basis for the disqualification, and (c) notice of the nominee’s right to IDR to appeal the disqualification. Notices (1) and (2) may be combined into a single notice if the nominee and the nominator are the same person. If the nominee is deemed disqualified, we recommend sending the above notices immediately to preserve your timeline. DO NOT WAIT SEVEN BUSINESS DAYS. For the IDR appeal, we recommend offering the candidate the right to participate in IDR on a business day of their choosing between 5 and 15 calendar days after the date the notice is given to the nominee.
11-14-2023 Reminder Notice of Nomination Deadline
- Time period to give members a reminder by individual notice, including (1) the number of board positions that will be filled at the election; (2) the deadline for submitting nominations; (3) the manner in which nominations can be submitted; (4) a list of the names of all of the qualified candidates to fill the board positions as of the date of the reminder notice; (5) a statement reminding members that if, at the close of the time period for making nominations, there are the same number or fewer qualified candidates as there are board positions to be filled, then the board of directors may, after voting to do so, seat the qualified candidates by acclamation without balloting. This statement is not required if, at the time the reminder notice will be delivered, the number of qualified candidates already exceeds the number of board positions to be filled.
12-14-2023 Nomination Deadline
- Last day/time to submit nominations. Allow nominations actually received, and/or if provided for in the election rules, postmarked by the deadline.
Board Meeting to Candidates Elected by Acclamation
- If all acclamation requirements are met, schedule an open board meeting to consider the qualified candidates elected by acclamation. The agenda item must reflect the name of each qualified candidate that will be seated by acclamation if the item is approved. The meeting should be scheduled after all qualified candidates are known (IDR appeals completed), but before pre-ballot notice deadline, if possible.
12-22-2023 to 12-29-2023 Select Inspector of Elections
- Select one (1) or three (3) inspector(s) of elections consistent with the election rules. Note that as of January 1, 2020, attorneys, law firms, managers and management companies providing the Association with services other than solely as an inspector of election are prohibited from serving as inspectors. While this is a "soft" date, it allows adequate time for the inspector(s) to understand and delegate their duties. An inspector must be selected before the pre- ballot notice is delivered.
01-03-2024 Pre-Ballot Notice Date
- Last day to send pre-ballot notice by general notice, including (1) date, time and physical address to mail or hand-deliver ballots to inspector(s); (2) date, time and location of ballot-counting meeting; and (3) the voter list correction deadline. While posting is permitted, members who requested individual notice are entitled to mailing and mailing to all members is recommended. This date also begins the period during which members may verify the accuracy of their own information in the voter list. Before mailing/posting pre-ballot notice, prepare the voter list to be ready for any verification requests.
02-01-2024 Voter List and Candidate Registration List Correction Deadline
- Last day for members to report errors or omissions in the voter list or candidate registration list to the inspector(s) of election. Any errors or omissions must be changed or corrected within two (2) business days of being reported. Members are allowed to verify their own information only on either list. Do not provide a copy of the voter list or candidate registration list to any owner during the election process. They may be subject to disclosure after the election as part of a records request.
02-02-2024 to 02-09-2024 Ballot Election Rule Mailing Date and Finalize Voter List
- Earliest and latest dates to mail or otherwise deliver ballots to the members. Also last date to deliver election rules to the members by either individual delivery (mail) or posting them to the Association’s internet website address identified on the ballot. Also finalize and retain the voter list (containing all owners of record as of the date the ballots were mailed or otherwise delivered).
03-12-2024 Voting Deadline and Ballot Counting Meeting
- Ballot-counting meeting can be scheduled after voting deadline if permitted in election rules. Conduct Annual Meeting or other ballot-counting meeting according to bylaws and election rules.
03-27-2024 Election Results Deadline.
- Last day to provide general notice (mail or posting) of the tabulated election results (setting forth the number of votes for each director).