Approval Requirements: The following changes require documentation for all applications presented to the Architectural Committee for preliminary approval. Lack of sufficient data on any items will cause delay in the approval of plans and applications. No improvements can proceed without prior written approval of the Committee.
- STRUCTURES – Including, but not limited to re-roofing, patio covers, room additions, fences, gates and walls. Applicant should apply to Architectural Committee for approval prior to requesting San Diego Building Department approval. Request should include: a. Plot Plan – should include property lines and dimensions, site of proposed new construction and its property lines together with existing structures, location and dimensions. b. Elevation – Elevations and renderings which fully explain the structure.
- LANDSCAPING – Applications should be submitted with plans, provided changes are substantial, including planting of trees. There are restrictions on types of trees that may be planted. Refer to CC&Rs for tree height limitations.
- EXTERIOR PAINTING – Color chips or paint samples must be submitted. Colors should harmonize with the esthetic color scheme of the Seven Oaks Community. Repainting of the same color must be specified in the description field below and also requires color chips or paint samples.
- SOLAR PANELS – We recommend panels be placed to gather the most sunlight exposure; however placement on the side or back of the house is preferred whenever possible.
- SATELLITE DISHES AND ANTENNAS – We recommend dishes be put on the back of the home, away from the street.
Condition of Approval for Structural Additions
- Owner must furnish Architectural Committee a copy of plans and specifications.
- After Architectural Committee approves changes, owner must submit Architectural Committee approval form to City to obtain permit.
- Applicant must obtain all building permits required by the City of San Diego.
- Owner must furnish Architectural Committee a copy of approval from City of San Diego Building Permit.
- All materials and workmanship must meet or exceed existing construction.
- Paint must match existing house color, unless otherwise indicated.
- Original drainage patterns must not be disturbed.
We urge that neighbors around all sides of the property are made aware of the proposed changes. If they disapprove of the changes, they must contact the Architectural Committee in writing within seven days of their being notified by property owner. Fencing request requires AC member site visit before approval. See CC&Rs for fence height limitations.
Neighbor's Notification Form
Depending on the scope of work, the AC Committee may require signatures of the neighbors, please select here
to download the form for your neighbors to sign. The completed form may be attached to this request, or submit the form to the Office by E-mail or hand delivered.
Need to find your Key Card -Account Number? Range 1-1767
Please select here
to view a listing of all account numbers with addresses.
- For Microsoft Windows - Press CNTL F to open search window and then type in your street address.
- For Apple Operation Systems - Press COMMAND F to open search window and then type in your street address.
Seven Oak’s CC&Rs require that any improvements, remodeling, changes, or painting must have prior approval by the Architectural Committee. Failure to obtain approval in advance could result in costly construction revisions. The Committee’s approval of the plan is not a substitute for required City building permits or inspections. The Committee assumes no legal responsibility for claims arising from approval given homeowners. By digitally signing this application, applicant agrees to be bound by these conditions, and to display AC approved application in window facing street until completion of improvements.